Mittwoch, Donnerstag und Freitag 16., 17. & 18. Oktober von 10h bis 13h
– Untamed Method –
A workshop of high physicality, based on elements of flying low, parkour, break dance, martial arts and capoeira in order to establish a language in common, and explore the limits of each one, stretching them until the limit and further.
Untamed method aims to unleash the unknown power that our body and mind releases in situations of extreme stress, danger and/or pleasure. Fed by basic natural ways of movement (like animal styles of movement and natural reflexes and actions), it awakes our primitive instincts, and capacity of reaction.
Partnering method - DYAD -
Starting from inwards to outwards, me to you, to us.
Dyad is an experiencing method mixing different ways of 2 or more bodies relating towards each other, taking concepts of martial arts, capoeira, ballroom dance and popular dances from Brazil and applying with a contemporary deconstructed point of view.
By living these techniques and practices the approach isn ́t just from the visual and aesthetic point of view, but from enrooted experience in multiple movement universes."
Biography Ricardo Ambrózio
Born in the south of Brazil, Ricardo Ambrózio lived in Rio de Janeiro, where he had the opportunity to experience the best and the worst of Brazilian culture and day-to-day life. His first contact with rhythm and movement was at the age of 6.
After meeting and working intensively with Flavia Tapias, a Brazilian dancer, teacher and choreographer, Ricardo immersed himself deeper in dance and attended the ‘Faculdade Angel Vianna’ for two years.
At the age of twenty he left Brazil to go to Lisbon, Portugal, to attend the ‘Escola Superior de Dança’ and work with some companies (Companhia de Dança de Almada, Company Instável).
At this time he also started to develop his own work as choreographer and teacher by blending all the influences that he had experienced in dance with a lot of energy and momentum. After working with Helder Seabra in Company Instável (Porto, Portugal), he moved first to Amsterdam and then to Brussels to work with Bruno Caverna, Gerard Mosterd, Dogwolf (Chris de Feyter), Willy Dorner and Ultima Vez (Wim Vandekeybus)
While working with the Belgian company Ultima Vez, Ricardo Ambrozio has started to gather his own cultural projects (choreography, video, text and photo) under one name, one roof, one mark: Untamed. In August 2014 he left Ultima Vez in order to invest all his time and energy in his own creations and collaborations He was part of the last two creations of Helder Seabra/ Helka “When the birds fly low, the wind will blow” and “In Absentia” and is currently dancing in « Le Terrier » by Samuel Lefeuvre and Flor Demestri. Never dropping his urge to create 2016 brought a solo “ A sweet lullaby to Mr. Nameless”, a duet with Celine Werkhoven “Homemade”, the second piece of Untamed Productions “Homo Urbanus” and a remake of Untamed’s first piece « Mind’s Mausoleum”.The new Untamed creation 2017 « Raízes » has been touring to Mexico, Holland, Portugal and Belgium while Ricardo remains fully engaged in the new dance education training « Performact » he co-founded in Portugal in 2016.
From now on he will dedicate five years to his longterm project “Portraits” consisting of 40 Portraits over 5 years.
Eager to hand on his movement language, he has been invited to teach internationally (Berlin, Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Torres Vedras (PT), Barcelona, Salzburg,Tilburg).
UNTAMED PRODUCTIONS AND PREVIOUS WORK
UNTAMED is the need that Ricardo Ambrózio felt of re-organizing his works under the same "roof". He started his own projects parallel to his performing career with the Belgian company ‘Ultima Vez'
and founded the company Untamed in June 2013.
In August 2014 he decided to leave the company Ultima Vez in order to dedicate all his energy and time into his own creations and collaborations.
"Untamed", because, more than an end in itself, creating is for Ricardo Ambrózio, an independent artist, a need that is impossible to control, to tame.
His visceral works, strongly passionate and emotional, defend a total and unconditional surrender by both creator and performer.
The company welcomes crossings of different art forms and nationalities.
Due to Ricardo’s Portuguese roots, the company has built a bridge between Belgium and Portugal. The Summer Intensive Festival, Contemporary dance solo festival in Malaposta and Performact dance education , organized in collaboration with the Portuguese association ILÚ Espaço Dança have been the visible results of the construction. The solo festival was repeated two years, Performact is in the second year and the Summer Intensive is reaching its seventh year. All three can be seen as initiatives to promote young talent. The Summer Intensive brings together over 120 international young dancers form all across the globe.
Next to its own creations Mind’s Mausoleum, Homo Urbanus, Road Trip, A sweet Lullaby to Mister Nameless, Homemade and Raízes Untamed Productions supports and promotes Ricardo Ambrozio as a choreographer (“O Baile” for Balletteatro Porto, “Todo para sempre e agora” for Companhia de Danca de Almada, “Nutshell” For Fontys Academy, “Bare” for Artesis AP Antwerp) and teacher of his Untamed Method and the Brazilian dance Forró internationally.
Ricardo Ambrozio danced and/or created the following performances:
- A Mancha (2001) work-in-progress with Compagnie Andréa Maciel
- Ecos (2005) and DomiNó (2007) own creation for Fontys Dansfestival, presented in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Animmatur e(2007) in Brazil and (2008) at Entredanza’s festival, Santiago de Compostela
- Lifeboat (2008) choreography for Companhia de Danca Almada within the programme for young choreographers, Lisbon
- Punch (2009) with Bruno Caverna, Festival Amsterdam
- Imago (2009/2010) by Hélder Seabra (Eastman) with company Instável, Lisbon
- Gamelan and Jazz (2010) with Gerard Mosterd, transdisciplinairy theatre piece
- Incarnative Crash (2010) by Chris de Feyter (Compagnie Dogwolf), Belgium
- Raw (2010) a duet with Robert Hayden, Lisbon
- What’s the prediction (2010) with Ultima Vez
- Radical Wrong (2011) & Oedipus/ Bêt Noir with Ultima Vez
- Caverna das Borboletas (2012) in Lisbon, Évora
- Many (2012/2013) with Daniele Ninarello, Rio de Janeiro
- Sem Lugar (2012) a solo for Bruno Duarte, Rio de Janeiro
- What the body does not remember (2013) revival of first piece of Ultima Vez
- O Baile (2014) choroegraphy for Balletteatro Porto, Portugal
- Todo para sempre e agora (2014) creation for the dance company of Almada, Portugal
- Road Trip (2014), a duet with Martina Griewank, Quinzena de Danca de Almada
- Homo Urbanus (2015-2016) new creation of Untamed Productions
dancer in two creations by Helder Seabra/ Helka vzw
- Homemade (2016) a duet with Celine Werkhoven
- A sweet Lullaby to Mr. Nameless, a solo work
- Mind’s Mausoleum (2013-2016) a female trio with Bea Debrabant, Celine Werkhoven and Yeli
Beurskens, re-creation of first piece by UNTAMED
- Le Terrier (2016) new creation by LOG asbl / Samuel Lefeuvre & Flor Demestri
- Raïzes (2017) new Untamed creation
- 42-I was born to see from far (2018) for Performact together with Goncalo Lobato
- Nutshell (2018) for Fontys Dance Highschool Tilburg, Netherlands
- Bare (2018) for Artesis Ap Antwerp University, Belgium
- Adamastor (2018) for Performact
- After it ends (2019) as Portrait 3 of the Portrait series with Performact